Saturday, November 2, 2013

Flower Shop Birthday

Happy Saturday!

Thanks for popping back to check out my second card for tomorrow's Stamp-a-Stack.  Hopefully the predicted 20 cm of snow today won't keep people from making it safely!!  Ugh - 20 CM!!!  I KNOW we live in Canada ... and I KNOW we were lucky to make it to November without the white stuff but to go from 0 to 20 cm hurts!!!  Walking the dog won't be NEARLY as enjoyable as it was last week!!  On the *up* side it will keep me happily crafting in the warmth of my *happy place* for 4 to 6 months (dog walking notwithstanding!)

SO!  Today's card was VERY quick to put together ... well ... AFTER I spend about 45 minutes trying to put the stamp set TOGETHER!!!  Running on 4 hours of sleep relly didn't help trying to figure out the puzzle of this set ... Flower Shop.  There are lots of tutorials on-line showing EXACTLY how to put it together without the 45 minute hell ... of course I didn't watch those tutorials, thinking that the 5 years of post-secondary education would see me through.  I was wrong.  Watch the videos!  *lol*.  Here's the card:
Love it!!!  Again - the coloring is off ... but the colors are so crisp *live*!  DO YOU HAVE A COLOR COACH??  If you don't you really, really, REALLY should buy one.  I knew I wanted some regal colors for this card.  I don't often send out bright flowery cards in the fall/winter ... and this color combination blew me away!  I can't remember the last time I used my Perfect Plum ink or card stock.  It has probably been at LEAST a year ... it was the first time I used the ink with the new firm foam pad!!!  I hang my head in shame.  It's such a pretty color!  It pairs so nicely with the Raspberry Ripple and Crumb Cake inks ... youreally need to try this combo.  Love it!!  This card really doesn't need explaining ... but I will anyway.  Stamp the flowers from Flower Shop ($21.95 clear; $29.95 wood) ... punch them out with the coordinating Pansy Punch - page 183 - $21.95.  Pop the crumb cake one up on dimensionals.  Add some rhinestones to the centres and stamp a sentiment with black Staz-on.  I used a retired sentiment from Kind and Caring Thoughts - a level 3 hostess set from a few years back.  I love how the font works with the flowers.  Now, is it just me or does anyone else struggle to find just the right "happy birthday" sentiment??  EVERY time I go to make a card I spend at least 20 minutes looking for the right size, or the right font.  Drives me CRAZY!!!  I need to write SU to let them know we need a set similar to the "Another Thank You" but for birthday.  I'm sure they'll listen to me ;)

Right!  Off to cut for tomorrow ... and find that snow shovel!  Pop in again ... more cards to share!  Until next time ... have a stampy Saturday!!


Tam

1 comment:

  1. Friends this information about flowers hope you like it and this good information for you. One of the most common trees in Australia, the Eucalyptus tree, also known as gum trees, produce beautiful blossoms. They have a wide range of colours, such as white, red and yellow green flowers. Instead of petals, these flowers have stamen like growths that surround the centre of the flower. As there are a wide variety of eucalyptus trees, their blossoms come in many different forms and colours as well. Australian flowers come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, colours and they may grow on shrubs, trees or as flowering plants. Each region of the country has their own unique flowers, many of which are used in floral arrangements or bouquets.
    world of flowers

    ReplyDelete