Thursday, November 28, 2013

Apothecary Birthday

Happy Thursday!!!!!

Did you miss me?  Yes, I'm back from Vegas ... a little poorer but much happier ... well ... I was for at least 36 hours before I was stressed to my back teeth again ... but I'm MUCH better today (thanks to me remembering to *breathe* and realizing that yesterday's *crazy* being down to hormones more than anything else!!)

I have been working SOOOOOO hard on my upcoming Christmas Shoe class ... and tutorial.  I swear this project has taken at LEAST 60 hours of blood, sweat and tears!!  Between me, my MacBook, my desktop, my printer and my lack of patience things were getting pretty ugly around here ... but I'm into the home stretch!!  I don't think I've show the Christmas shoe here before ... wanna see it?  OK.  Here it is :)
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!  This is just a teaser ... I"ll show the *whole* project when the tutorial is ready to roll out.  I will be selling it but am still trying to figure out how exactly THAT works in this day of technology (I expect another major tantrum on my part coming sometime next week *lol*)

Oh!  I guess you are wondering how my weekend away with Craig was.  It was great, thank you for asking :)  The only negative was that we didn't win oodles of cash ... but really, who does?  I still had a tonne of fun sitting at a machine for hours on end mindlessly pushing a button.  One night I was up about $100 ... of course I lost it all the next day but it was hours of entertainment on a $20 bill!  Oh ... the other negative was it POURED rain for 3 days straight and was only 12 degrees ... but again - a rainy day in Vegas is still better than a snowy day in Edmonton, right??  I actually had to buy an umbrella ... not everyone who goes to Vegas says THAT!  All in all it was a great time - we took in the Terry Fator act - AMAZING talent, slept, ate, gambled, and shopped.  It was a quick trip but very necessary.  It was SO great to spend time together again - we really have just been passing the halls since September!

Right!  Enough about me ... on to a quick card.  So.  Thursday we were leaving for Vegas ... I had 20 minutes before my mom showed up to watch the kids.  I was all packed and everything was ready to go.  Naturally I ran down to my craft room to crack off 4 birthday cards *lol*  Actually - Rebecca had a party to go to while I was away and spotted a card I received as a swap at Convention last year.  She asked if I could make it for her - if I had time.  Yep - this is a quick and easy card.  Check it out!
Now you KNOW I like to give credit where credit is due.  This is a TOTAL case from another demo except on the original the sentiment is "Happy I Do Day" ... but I can't find the original card right now ... so just know it's NOT my creation and I'll get that name to give credit as soon as I can!

Seriously - this card took minutes to make.  Whisper White base run through the Big Shot with the ... hmmm ... apparently retired something-or-other flowery embossing folder.  I then punched out a whisper white piece with the Apothecary framelit ... then ran THAT through the Big Shot again with the Designer Frames embossing folder.  I used the sentiment from Bring on the Cake in Melon Mambo (I did 2 in Mambo and 2 in Pacific Point) ... added rhinestones to the flower centres and a little satin bow (retired ribbon)  I popped the sentiment piece up on dimensionals.  Seriously - about 3 minutes from start to finish.  Once I was done Mom showed up and my to-do list was done ... so I went to Vegas :)

That's it for today.  Pop in again soon when I show you the cutest little angel tree ornaments EVER!!!!  Until then - have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment