Thursday, October 17, 2013

Wishing You Christmas

Happy Thursday!!!

Had you given up on me??  I have WANTED to post but seriously ... I have not had 20 minutes to do so for weeks!  It's been a blur of food, laughs, family, photos, baking, shopping and cucumber juice .... long story *lol*

So!  I COULD ramble on for pages and pages and pages ... but I won't ... actually I can't ... family is coming for dinner in 10 minutes ... BUT ... I really wanted to post this card for you.  It's one of the three we will be making at our private party tomorrow night (can't wait Wanda!!!)

I needed a quick, easy, "Wow" card for both new stampers and veterans ... here is what I came up with!
Ta da!  Love it!  (have you missed me saying that???)

So quick and easy.  The coloring is off a bit here - I used Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green and Crushed Curry (I KNOW!!!  There is that color again!!  Seriously ... it's a good color!)  I used the Merry Mini Punch pack punches to punch out the shapes from some scrap whisper white.  I then used my 1" punch to punch the white square.  Don't try to do it the other way around (i.e. punch the square and then try to get the shape centred inside it ... too fiddly and will rarely be centered!).  I popped each white square up on dimensionals ... not full dimensionals, I used the edging FROM the dimensionals as the space was quite small.  I stamped the sentiment, from Wishing You (in the mini - page 23 - $14.95 clear; $17.95 wood) in Black Staz-On.  *sigh* ... Pleeeease Stampin' Up! ... get that basic black sorted out so I can use that instead!

I added a few rhinestones for that little something extra and Wa-low!  A great card for our class.  I can't wait!  ... but of course I still have to decide on that third card ... and then prep for 14 women ... and pack ... and so on ... Maybe I'll get on that after my guests leave *lol* ... yep - nothing has changed since I posted last!

Pop in again soon(ish) - I DO have lots of projects to show ... I just need to make the time to show them!!  Until then ... have a stampy night!


Tam

1 comment:

  1. This card is so cute and looks easy to CASE. Now I will have to buy the punches and the Wishing You stamp set! There's always more I want no matter how much I have!

    ReplyDelete