Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Halloween Thank You Notes

Happy Tuesday!!

No time for my usual rambling today.  In usual Tamara fashion I left prepping for my 8 stampers who are coming for class tonight until the last minute.  I'm almost done but still a few more things to do before picking up the kids ... then it's homework (seem I'M the one doing more of the homework than the kids!), showers and hair for the girls, dinner and then time for class.  Oh ... but before we get to my project I'm thrilled to say I weighed in today at Jenny Craig ... down 15 pounds in 8 weeks - woo hoo!  Thanks to their food plan and my Jillian Micahels DVD I've been losing 2 pounds a week ... right on track :)

So!  IF you have been following my blog for a while you will know that I INSIST that my girls write thank you notes any and EVERY time they receive a gift.  Given that Alicia received 15 presents from her family and friends we needed a stack of quick and easy thank you notes to hand out (yes, I realize I am the only mom on the planet who makes their kids send a thank you note to the kids who came to the party ... and that generally speaking the party and the *loot bags* ARE the thank you but I still like a proper thank you note to be sent!).  Last night was "Alicia / Mommy" night so we headed to the craft room.  I cut and Alicia stamped.  She did ALL the stamping except for the spiders.  I love how they turned out:
These are just 4" x 4" single sheets of white card stock (I confess ... I used contraband card stock ... the black ink doesn't smudge on that!).  I cut little 3" x 2" layers and Alicia stamped the Thank You in Rich Razzleberry using one of the new Photopolymer stamps from the "Another Thank You" set.  She then stamped the splotches with the Silver Encore ink using (my favorite set) Gorgeous Grunge.  Then we taped the Thank You one with the Witches Brew Washi Tape and finally I stamped the creepy little spiders on using the new "Bite Me" photopolymer set.  Although I absolutely, postiviely HATE spiders I have to admit that I bought this set just for the spiders and the spider web images ... well, and the cat ... and the "bite me" sentiment ... so I guess I just liked the whole darned thing!

We made all 16 cards from start to finish in about 40 minutes.  My kind of project!  Tomorrow I'm hoping to finish off some cute little Halloween Treats for my club girls .. so pop by soon to check those out.  Until then ... have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment