Friday, August 23, 2013

Tea Party Toilet Paper Favours

Happy Friday!

MAN what a beautiful week!  I can't handle 25 - 30 degree heat in the summer but I LOVE 25 - 30 heat in the fall.  My morning walks with Koda are heavenly!  It's cool enough to wear a hoody but warm enough to wear short WITH the hoody.  FABulous!!!  I think we'll head to the outdoor pool a little later today to soak up the sun, splash around and for those of us who were cats in previous lives, read a magazine!!

So on to todays project!  This quick and easy project is the one that had me absolutely giddy as it was coming together ... and it came together so quickly!  Once again the Stampin' Up! products coordinate SO perfectly together it makes creating a breeze!

While I LOVED the little muslin bags I posted yesterday I didn't have enough to make for my 10 Month Club Members ... so I needed to come up with a packaging idea that was just as cute and quick but more economical and with supplies I had on hand.  I started off trying to emboss the same little "You're just my cup of tea" image from yesterday's project on one of the transluscent bags ... but as I feared it melted the bag.  If I would have been more patient and held the heat tool further away I think it would have worked ... but I'm all about quick when I have to make 10 to 20 of something so ... ya, no.  I needed something else.  I thought rather than embossing the cello bag I could wrap the treats (tea and "Thin Addictive" biscuits) in tissue paper, stamp and punch out the sentiment and attach THAT to the bag.  As I headed for my stash of tissue paper I spot 4 toilet paper rolls that I had saved for "some project, some day".  Bing bing bing bing bing!  That was it!  Use the toilet paper rolls!  Brilliant!!  15 minutes later I was done.  Here's what I came up with:
LOVE it!  So quick, easy and economical!!  It's SO straight forward!  It actually took me a lot longer to photograph the steps and blog them than it did to make them!  Here is a pictorial of what I did:


I used Summer Starfruit Cardsotck - cut 6" x 4" (plus a tick or two just to make sure you have total coverage).  I used the scalloped image from the Tea Party set to decorate the long edge of the card stock
I then took my bone folder and "curled" the paper with it, to loosen the paper fibres so that it stayed curled and adhered to the toilet paper roll easier:
I applied my Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the inside ...
... and attached it to the toilet paper roll:
Ta da!
Then I used my paper snips to trim the excess.  (Notice this picture has the stamped edge whereas the picture above doesn't?  Ya.  My first version didn't have the stamping ... I decided after I glued it down it needed a little something ... this was the little something :))
I stamped the "Tea Party" image with Soft Suede on Very Vanilla card stock and used one of my oval framelits to punch it out with the Big Shot and my FABULOUS magnetic plate ... LOVE that thing!!!  Sorry, you still can't order it ... it was SO popular that they sold their 13 weeks supply in just 3 weeks!  They are on backorder and until their stock is replenished it can't be ordered!).  Now!  Before I could USE my Big Shot I had to FIND my Big Shot!  Oh ... there it is ... under the chaos from yesterday's crafting session *lol*
... and of course I needed to find more toilet paper rolls to finish all 10 ... I found 3 more in the recycling .. then things were desperate ... so I had to raid toilet paper rolls that were still in use!  *lol*
The finishing touch was the burlap ribbon that I simply cut and tied with a piece of linen thread!  The Tea Party image is attached with 3 dimensionals.  To get the biscuits in without crushing them to bits I gently squashed the tube so it was a little more oval than round.  I popped in the treats and Wa-Low!  10 quick, easy, economical gifts for my club gals.  Genius!
Here are all the Stampin' Up! products I used to make them:

Summer Starfruit card stock - item # 126991 - $8.50
Very Vanilla Card Stock - item #  101650 - $9.25
Linen Thread - item # 104199 - $5.95
Multipurpose Liquid Glue - item # 110755 - $5.95
Soft Suede ink - item # - 126978 - $7.25
Tea Party stamp set - item # - 129138 - $20.95; item # 129135 - $27.95
Ovals Collection Framelits - item # 129381 - $32.95
Dimensionals - item # - 104430 - $5.50
1 1/4" Burlap Ribbon - item # 132140 - $9.95

Click here to place an on line order and have it shipped directly to your door!

That's it for now!  Pop back soon to see the cute little birthday invitations Alicia and I designed last night for her upcoming party.  Again, quick and cute was the theme for the day!  Until then, have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment