Saturday, August 31, 2013

First Day of School is fast approaching!

Happy Saturday!

What a beeeaauuuuuutiful day it is out there today!  Too nice to be at the computer, so I'll make it *brief* ... ya, ya, I know ... my *brief* is others' *long* ....

As all us moms know, the first day of school is fast approaching (*insert jump with high-five air slap here*!)  I'm pretty sure I must be procrastinating on something (hmmm ... maybe labelling all the kids' stuff or buying lunch supplies ...) because yesterday I decided I neeed to make "Happy First Day of School" treats for all the staff at the girls' school.  Yep.  That meant I needed 30 *somethings* ... by Tuesday morning.  Luckily last night was Craft Night and two of my favorite stampin' gals came over to play.  I struggled to make a quick and easy *something* but after about an hour I had it.  Check it out:
REALLY basic ... which I REALLY needed it to be!  On my fourth trip to Costco this week (yes, fourth!!!) I bought a box of the to-die-for Brookside chocolate covered snacks ... blueberry, acai amd goji berry ... $9.99 for a box of 40 treats.  Perfect!  I grabbed my retired hostess set from last year "Carry On", stamped it in Real Red and used my Deco Label Framelits to punch them out.  My crop-a-dile punched the holes and I threaded through some of the SAB green ribbon to attach them!  It only took about an hour to put them all together ... so quick and easy once I got my poop together and came up with the design!!

This morning I decided I needed a card to go with the treats, which I'll leave in the staff room Tuesday morning.  I also needed cards for my girls .... again, it took a bit of fiddling to figure out what the heck I was doing but in the end I got there and really like the end result:
As always I couldn't quite seem to stop  and the layers just kept building *lol*.  The card is standard size in Whisper White.  The layer is 5" x 3 3/4".  I used the "Measuring Stick" builder wheel (page 103 - $5.95) in Early Espresso for the ruler image.  I used my retired (and forever will keep) Happy Everything set for the "happy" ... in Pacific Point and cut that out (the strip was 4 1/4" x 1 1/4" and then I made a dovetail).  The red strip is 4 1/4" x 1/2".  The black is actually leftover scrap of 5/8" grosgrain ribbon from my paw print card yesterday.  The "First Day of Scho0l" is from another retired "keeper" set ... "First Day", I think it's called.  I punched it out with the large oval punch and popped it up on dimensionals.  Oh!  And the apples are also from that retired set ... I stamped them in Espresso and colored them with REal Red and Old Olive and then popped it up on dimensionals too.

Sorry for all the retired products!  But hey ... I originally got into this stampinbg gig so I could have sets and supplies on hand to make gifts and cards for the kids ... and these keeper sets are just what I had in mind :)

Right!  I'm off to enjoy this lovely fall day!  Until next time .. have a stampy Saturday!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment