Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Giggle Greating - Say Cheese!

Happy Tuesday!

I don't have long to *type* today ... we're off to swimming lessons in 20 minutes!  Today is a *home* day as we needed to take the car in for servicing and have swimming lessons ... but yesterday we made it out to K Days.  It was FUN .... but this Gal (and husband) sure felt the pain of walking, standing, waiting and standing some more ... for 5 hours!  The girls had a ball, though so it was worth it.  I figure I must be hormonal because for the first hour we were there I almost burst into tears everytime I saw Rebecca smile.  I'm such a sap!  ... it's just so awesome to see a true, bug, toothy smile from that beautiful little face.  I think I've mentioned it before but if not ... Rebecca has some very deep anxieties regarding SO many things ... she is what I call an *old soul* and really struggles with crowd and being in public.  She also worries about things that *may* happen and it has kept her from doing things in the past.  I'm thrilled to say that I have been working VERY hard with her over the last year and she is making some GREAT progress (we've already been to 4 movies this summer and previously she had only been to 1 in about 3 years ... in fact she was bordering on a panic attack when she tried to go to the movies for a friend's birthday party).  AAAAAAnyway - it just fills my heart with so much joy when I see her smile ... and when she shows her teeth (because of course she hates her teeth) I just well up.  Craig thought I was a nut job as I fought back the tears watching them come out of the REALLY lame fun house *lol*.  Yep - just call me Sappy!

Right - 15 minutes 'til departure ... on to my card for today!  As it was a *home* day I really needed to get some *work* done ... and of course *work* involves crafting - yay for me!!  I was ITVHING to play with my new toys that came yesterday - namely the new Wreath stamp from the holiday mini ... alas ... I had a squirrel moment and ended up with this:
Yes ... nothing says Christmas like a cheesy birthday card ... HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!  Get it ... cheesy ... because ... oh never mind ...

I'd been eying up this set Giggle Greetings - page 29 of the main catty - $20.95 clear; $27.95 wood ... namely for the CAT image and saying.  I held off (ya, for the big month *lol*) before I decided I had to have it!  The plan was to use the cat image ... but ...
... I ended up with the cheese image.  hee hee ... yes ... I need help :)

This card was SO quick and easy to make.  I used Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry and Very Vanilla Card Stock.  I stamped the image with Black Staz-on and then took my 3/4" and 1/2" circle punches and punched holes and had some fun.  I also used my Scalled circle punch to take a *bite* out of the corner of the swiss cheese (at least that what it's SUPPOSED to look like!).  I used a blender pen to shade the image with Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry and So Saffron ink.  I added a large rhinestone to the corner for a little bling.   That's it!

OK ... t-12 minutes ... gotta run ... but come back tomorrow when I'll share some AWESOME storage solutions with you.  Until then ... have a stampy day ...


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment