Thursday, June 6, 2013

Teachers Rule!

Happy Thursday!

So tell me ... how is it that every Thursday I think it's a good idea for both girls to have a friend over for a playdate for the afternoon ... and every Thursday it ISN'T???  *lol*  I'm not sure there is enough Tylenol in the house to fix the damage that 4 little girls can do to a Mom's head!!!  Actually it IS very cute to listen in on their playing .... so sweet and innocent ... makes me smile (in between the wincing from the squeals, giggles and shrieking!).

So!  Quick update on life!  Last week I had my Catalogue Launch / Open House / Garage Sale.  Although it is a LOOOOOOT of work to put together I always have a LOT of fun!  "They" say that Stampin' Up! is more about the relationships than anything else ... and "they" are right.  I really have made some great friends over my 8 year journey with stamping and I love bringing them all to my house for some snacks, wine and laughs!  Thank you to everyone who came out!

I was really looking forward to this last week.  The only think I had on the calendar was a coffee date and helping out at Alicia's field trip.  The PLAN was to stamp, sort, tidy and play with all my new toys from the new catalogue.  Of course ... the best laid plans .... Rebecca had a nasty cold and cough (which started last week and carried over to this!) and that changed my plans significantly.  But have no fear!  When I don't get to PHYSICALLY craft I DO get to MENTALLY craft ... I also get to spend a lot of time on Pinterest ... and that is where I got my inspiration for the card I DID manage to make yesterday.  This one has me giddy!  SO quick, SO easy, SO cute and SO perfect for my Teacher gifts ... check it out:
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  LOVE it!!!!  When I saw this card on Pinterest (from a post by "Sow and Graham Chicago" ... a paper novelties web store):
I KNEW I had to make it Stampin Up! style!  I was PRAYONG that no one bought the retired pack of "Story Time" DSP at my garage sale and was thrilled when I found they hadn't (truth be told I was really on the fence on whether or not I wanted to PUT that DSP in the Garage Sale ... but I put it in thinking "I haven't used it so far ... what are the chances I will now that it's retired?")

This card literally took me minutes to put together.  There are two sheets of DSP in the pack that are colored rulers ... so I just cut them up into 5" lengths, taped them to the 5" x 3 3/4" whisper white layer, mounted that on a 5 1/4" x 4" black layer, mounted that on a standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" whisper white base ... stamped "You Rule" (from the now retired You Rule stamp set) in the corresponding color ... punched it out with the Modern Label punch, popped it up on a dimensional and Wa-low!  A quick and easy card for the Teacher!  The REALLY awesome part is that you get 28 rules strips out of ONE SHEET ... and there are TWO in the pack ... so I can make 56 cards super quick and easy ... PLUS I have little 1" strips left over that I plan to use for a little gift for the teachers ... they can give them to students when they "rule"!  LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!  Here is a shot of all the colors used:
Pool Party, Real REd, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron and Basic Gray.  I'm off to mass produce them now ... I will make all 56 and then package them up to give to the girls' teachers for their end-of-year gift. 

That's it for now!  Until next time .. have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment