Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pansy Punch Simple!

Happy Saturday ... and happy 1st full day of summer break!

... as you know I always look forward to summer break ... for a while ... but then I crave the schedules and routines!  We had a great start to the break yesterday.  I picked the girls up, we headed to McDonald's and then to the spray park.  It was fun, relaxing and hot! .... of course it only took Alicia 6 hours and 36 minutes to say "I'm boooooored".  Oh Dear Lord.  I'm thinking this could be a looooooong 8 weeks *lol*  Today is a new day, though ... and she had a decent night sleep (for the first time in a long time!) so I'm hoping for a few more smiles and less complaining!

So!  When we came back all hot and tired from the spray park we headed to the basement.  The girls hit the XBox and I hit the craft room.  I wasn't sure WHAT I wanted to make ... it didn't really matter for the first half hour as I needed to find the top of my desk before I could do ANYthing!  (I'm certainly not the tidiest stamper!!!).  Once I found a little 5x5 area to work on I looked around for a new stamp set and/or toy to play with.  My eyes fell on the TWO new punches I bought ... now a NORMAL person would have two new DIFFERENT punches ... not me ... I had TWO of the new Pansy Punch!  *sigh* ... apparently I REALLY wanted that punch ... once I realized there WAS a new punch!  I didn't notice it the first 17 times I drooled over the new catty ... then I saw a project on Mary Fish's website USING said new punch ... low and behold ... check out page 183 - $21.95 - the new Pansy Punch ... you'd think the white *NEW* label would have given it away for me ... *lol*  alas ... in all my *new catty* excitement I inadvertently ordered it twice ... so I figured I better start using it to justify the $43.90 I spent on them!!

Here is what I created:
Very summer-y, no?  I was actually inspired by this card by Mary Fish (www.stampinpretty.com)
I know, I know ... it looks nothing like it!  That's how this CASEing gig works with me - I start with a layout or stamp set I see elsewhere and then once I start making that project it morphs into something completely different!  In this case I started with the front layer cut smaller than the base and off-set it to the right.  My PLAN was to use some DSP like Mary did on the left hand side but ... well ...
... I got distracted.  I started punching pansies ... I quickly decided on Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight ... and had a few other kicks at the third color before I realized the color combo was looking a lot like the Gingham Washi Tape ... so I grabbed that and check out the color combo.  The plan was to then put a strip of the Washi Tape down the left hand side rather than DSP ... alas ... it looked stupid ... so I aborted ... but I did stick with the color combo or Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo (MAN I love that color!!!) and Pear Pizzazz.  I fiddled and played and added and removed and then settled on adding the embossed image on the left from the Adorning Accents Folder set (page 190 - $10.95)  I love how it's just a subtle touch - nothing to *busy* or *heavy*.  I stamped the sentiment in Pear Pizzazz from the Feels Good set - page 24 - $22.95 clear; $31.95 wood.  I popped the whisper white layer (measuring 5" x 3 1/4") up on dimensionals and then attached the pansies ... oh ... I used my bone folder to curl the petals up a little.  The centre of each flower is a Whisper White 3/4" circle - the circles are on dimensionals too.  The finishing touch made me squeal ... CANDY DOTS!  Ok - you guys SERIOUSLY have to get these things ... they are just to easy and fun to add to everything!!! ... and that's it!  Quick, cheery and cute!  It actually reminds me OF a "Mary Fish card" in that it is clean and simple but so ... *WOW*!  It just pops! I think it's a great first crack at using this new punch ... so go ahead and order one ... or two *lol*!

I plan to craft-for-fun a lot more in the coming days ... after all it IS a long weekend ... AND summer break ... I have nowhere to be and nothing to do :)  Enjoy the day ...


Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment