Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fishin' Around

Happy Wednesday!

Wow.  So yesterday I was bored ... bored!  When does THAT ever happen???  I really couldn't think of anything pressing to do ... so ... after I showered and walked the dog I hit the craft room!  It felt weird being down there before noon!  I almost ALWAYS have to wait at least until 2:00 pm ... when I feel all my *chores* and *must-do*s are done before I'm *allowed* do play ... I mean work ;)  Naturally there were projects I SHOULD have been working on ... but I just wanted to play, so play I did (well, once I found the top of my desk ... which was burried under 3 layers of stamps, paper and general crafting "stuff" *lol*.  I made two fairly quick and fun cards ... but you don't get to see those today.  Nope.  Today I promised you a fun little card that you just HAVE to play with.  So - without further adeau ...
Hee hee :)  This just makes me giggle!  Here is a close up of the fish bowl ...
Can you guess what's *inside* the bowl?  It's hand soap!  Fun!!!  I can't take credit for the idea ... I CASEd it from Dawn Griffith (at www.dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com) a few months back when she made this little cutie:
So fun!  Dawn made a video on how she made her card ... check it out ...
Isn't it awesome??  For my card I used the little bags from the dollar store and added some Soft Soap hand soap.  I couldn't find any blue hair gel (... I THOUGHT I found some but it turned out the BOTTLE was all that was blue ... now I have a lifetime supply of clear goop I will likely never use *lol*)  Ok ... my card is now higher in the post than I can see so let's look at it again, shall we :)
I used Pool Party and Calypso Coral for my colors.  I picked the Pool Party as it matched the soap color really well .... but I don't love it on the card ... it doesn't "pop" as much as I would like ... so I think I'll re-do the card with a different color scheme ... but not today :)  I stamped the "Smile" (in Pool Party) from the new set Happy Day (page 112 - $20.95 clear; $26.95 wood) ... LOOOOOVE this set (again, for me it's all about the font ... and love the sizes and fonts in this set!!!)  The fish bowl is "Fishin' Around (page 58 - $10.95 wood only) ... so stinkin' cute I can't even STAND it!!!  I stamped the fish bowl in Staz-on and then used my 1 3/4" circle punch to punch the fish out.  I kept the fish aside to use later.  I used my 3/4" and 1/2" circle punches for the colored bubbles.  I colored the fishy with Calypso Corak, Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight markers.   I taped the fish that I punched out onto the card and then (just using snail) taped the bag of soap on top of it.  I then used dimensionals to pop the top layer up, giving the soap bag a bit of room.  When you see this card you just HAVE to touch it!  I hope my instructions make sense ... it's pretty straight forward ... especially if you watch Dawn's video!!  Give this card a try - it's so fun (and not just for the kids!!)

Pop in tomorrow for a peek at a card that is COMPLETELY out of my *norm*!  Until then - have a stampy day :)


Tam






No comments:

Post a Comment