Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Simply Sketched

Happy Wednesday!

Ok - no long, psychotic ramblings today ... I gotta get some stuff DONE!!  Right to it!

One of the stamp sets we were able to order on a pre-order for the new catalogue was a hostess set.  There is one that just "grabbed" me ... and I was surprised because it isn't my "usual" style ... There was just something clean, simple and a "have to have it"edness (.. it COULD be a word!!) about it ... it's called simply sketched.

I went down to play with it and had a specific layout in mind.  I planned to stamp the image in the middle and then use my glass blocks as stamps to add a little pop of color .. here was my first attempt:
Hmmm.  Totally not what I had in mind.  Very disappointing.  Didn't blow my hair back ... in fact, hardly rustled it at all.  Nope - this little birdie deserved better!  This layout / technique has promise ... and I'm sure I'll go back to it ... but I wanted quick, easy and little-thought for this mini crafting session so I started again ... and came up with this:
Yes!  THAT'S what I was in the mood for.  Rediculously clean and simple!  I used Very Vanilla and the new Baked Brown Sugar card stock ... stamped the image and sentiment in Staz-on (yes, both the image and the sentiment are in the same stamp set ... LOVE when that happens!!) and then grabbed my ink pads and blender pen to very, very subtly add some color.  I used the new Pistacchio (good Lord .. why am I so challenged in the spelling department???!!!  Have to look it up ... Pistachio ... I was close ... (squirrel?)  I colored the berries Crisp Cantaloupe ... but then decided it needed a little "something.  You probably can't see it but  I added small pearls over top of the colored berries ... and then colored the pearls with a cantaloupey colored Sharpie ... Love how it turned out ... but it wasn't my little birdie ... so one more crack ...
Woo Hoo!  Love it!  *insert happy wiggle*  This image just makes me smile!!!  Same colors as above ... but to color the bird I used Coastal Cabana, Cantaloupe and Pistachio ... and the pearl I colored with a light blue Sharpie.  This is my favorite.  I was GOING to make another card using the last image ... which I think is a poppy ... with the Happy Birthday sentiment but ... meh ... didn't feel the love for the poppy ... so I didn't!

I'm off to try to get some focus ... right after I do those 150 squats!!!  Pop in again soon ... until then ... have a stampy day :)

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment