Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Butterfly Gratitude

Happy Wednesday!

Woo Hoo!  Nothing on the calendar today!  Maybe I'll get some of my "to-do" list done!

This is the third card we made in class last week.  I have been playing with a lot of punches and negative spaces lately and came up with this little cutie:
I TRIED to come up with a DSP that was current but I couldn't find one that had patterns small enough for my liking.  If the pattern is too big then it doesn't look quite right when punched out with the small Postage Stamp punch that I used here.  I settled on my all-time favorite DSP - Mocha Morning (and yes, I think I'm hoarding 4 more packages for just such crafting emergencies *lol*).  I used Very Vanilla and Soft Suede with the DSP.  For the Postage Stamp pieces I actually used my Bitty Butterfly punch to punch the butterfly OUT of the square ... but you could also punch a Vanilla piece and tape it on TOP of the DSP piece ... it LOOKS like that in this picture, but the butterflies were punched out of the DSP ... and then used in the top right area of the card (I couldn't possibly WASTE them!!)  I used the Elegant Butterfly punch for the large butterfly (in vanilla) and attached it to the DSP with a glimmer brad.  The sentiment is from Pursuit of Happiness ... another favorite that is retiring :(.  It's is stamped in Soft Suede.  I added some pearls to the butterflies for bodies.  Another quick and cute card that can be used for most occasions!

I've been DYING to start playing with my box of new toys!  Hopefully I'll get a chance to do that this week so pop in again soon to see what is new and exciting May 31st!!!  Until then ... have a stampy day :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment