Thursday, March 28, 2013

Field Flowers Black & White

Happy Thursday!

Wow!  Where is the week going??  I can't believe it's already Thursday!  I really MUST get my butt in gear and start on those tax returns - I get later every year!  Maybe this afternoon ... after a little crafting ;)

Today I wanted to share with you a project I made ... and rejected.  I was playing around with a few techniques while making my Stamp Set of the Month cards using the Field Flowers set (page78 - $21.95 clear; $30.95 wood.  I played around with this one for quite a while ... and had my little "Opinionator" close at hand to help me.  While I like it I played around a little more and made two others I like better so this one, sadly, didn't make the cut.  Here it is:
What do you think?  I was going from something "completely different" with this one ... and I think I achieved THAT *lol*.  I stamped the images on black card stockusing white craft ink.  I then stamped the centre of the flowers using Raspberry Ripple Classic ink.  The mat is Raspberry Ripple too.  The sentiment is punched out with the Decorative Label punch (page 182 - $22.95), sponged with Raspberry and popped up on dimensionals.  The butterflies were made with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits (page 188 - $14.95) in whisper white.  I added a few rhinestones to the flowers and they remind me of little dew drops.  Yes ... I like it but I wasn't 100% convinced I loved it so I played on.  You'll have to come back tomorrow to see the two that made the cut *lol*

While I was playing with the above card my little helper, Alicia, was with me and making Easter cards for her grandparents.  She liked the black on white and when she saw me coloring the flowers with my watercolor pencils she wanted to do it too ... so I gave her a scrap piece of paper to play with and she decided to make a bookmark for Rebecca for her birthday next month.  She did a really nice job.  Here is her creation (ok ... yes, I did the stamping (at her request) but she did the coloring and writing!)
Ta Da!  Isn't it great?  I didn't tell her she did the "Black Magic" technique - but she did (which is just coloring the white image with the watercolor pencils).  It looks really pretty in person!

That's it for today - pop in again tomorrow for another Field Flowers card.  Until then - have a stampy day!

Tam


No comments:

Post a Comment