Monday, March 11, 2013

Feeling Sentimental Case

Happy Monday!

I thought I'd throw out another project I made last week, just to make up for not posting in so long *lol*.

I can't take credit for this one - it is a case from Heather Summers.  She has a great blog and is our expert on the My Digital Studio system.  Heather has won many awards from Stampin' Up! for her work - both in card making AND in digital crafting.  She is also amazingingly talented when it comes to sewing and 3-D projects.  She is the first stamper I started stalking waaaaay back 7 years ago and I still check out her work on a regular basis.  Pop into her blog at www.stampwithheather.typepad.com if you ever need some inspiration!!!

Here is the card she made that inspired me:
And here is my card:
I will be using this for an upcoming Private Class.  It's quick, easy and gives you a punch of "wow" with the color contrast.  While I love the extra ribbon and tag on Heather's card I wanted to keep it quick and simple for the beginner stampers who may be at the class.  I used Early Espresso cs along with ... oh for Heaven's Sake ... serriously?  Apparently my never-been-used package of Confetti White card stock is retired.  Twice in 2 DAYS?  I was all giddy about using this paper ... it is not as white as whisper white nor is it as vanilla as Very Vanilla - it was the perfect shade.  Grrr ... glad I realized it before my class on Saturday!  I WOULD use the Naturals Ivory or Naturals White ... if I had any ... have you ever checked out these papers?  They are hidden on page 160 of the catty - and are $9.25 for 40 sheets.  Guess I better order some NON-retired packs *lol*  OK - back to the project ... I sponged the edges of the confetti paper with Espresso and a finger dauber.  I used a piece of First Edition DSP - cut a dovetail in each end and sponged it too.  the bike is from Feeling Sentimental SAB free set ... and the sentiment is from Vintage Verses free SAB set - both stamped in Espresso.

Well I guess I better go down and re-do this card ... with NON-retired card stock *lol*.  Until next time ... have a stampy day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment