Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bloomin' Marvelous Seed Pouch

Happy Wednesday!

Bloomin' Marvelous?  More like "about bloomin' TIME, Tamara!  Where the heck have you been??".  While I hate the standard reply of "I've been really busy" .... I've been really busy *lol*  The middle of the month is always crazy busy business-wise.  That is when I place my two club orders and of course at the moment all of us demonstrators are scrambling around with the last few days of the Sale-a-brations promotion!  I have been up to my ears in Starter Kit's this week.  I'm THRILLED that so many of my friends and customers have taken advantage of the AWESOME promotion on until Friday (here in Canada the deal is $194 in product for a flat charge of $125).  You can't beat that with a stick!!!  Of course new recruits, club orders and SAB orders means a LOT of paperwork and loose ends to tie up.  Add to that a party last Friday (hi Mary!  Super fun night!  (DESPITE me forgetting a stamp set ... and a stamp pad ... and leaving without actually collecting money from people *lol* ... not my best "game night" but I obviously had a lot of fun!!)) and then a Stamp-a-Stack early Sunday morning and I was one big waste of makeup until this morning!  Heck ... Monday morning I drove the kids to school, came home and tried to hang my jacket up in the food pantry *lol* .... I quickly decided it wasn't the best day to work on my taxes *lol*

So that's what I've been up to!  Yes, I DID have an adorable card to show you (it was the 5th card I designed for the Stamp-a-stack Sunday .. the one I designed at 4:00 pm Saturday afternoon *lol*) ... and I was going to post it Monday ... but then I got an email from Deena Boos.  "Who is Deena Boos?" I hear you cry!  Deena is the designer of the fabulous card I CASEd a while back and used for my Calgary Regional Swap - this one:
ANYWAY!  Aside from being an awesome artist, Deena is ALSO runs a multi-demonstrator blog called Pink Paper Bakery (www.PinkPaperBakery.com) and she asked if I would like to be their guest artist this Monday!  How exciting!  Of course I said "yes!" ... but now you have to wait to see my card until Monday :)

It's ok ... don't be too heartbroken ... I DO have a project to share with you today (insert cheers and applause here!).  SPOILER ALERT!  If you are on of my Clubbers look away now or you'll know what you are going to find in your order next week.  I don't like to post the treats before I give them out but I haven's posted in so long that I wanted to post SOMEthing *lol* ... so ... for those of you NOT in my club (and yes, you should hang your head in shame!) or for those of you in my club who just can't wait (yes, Casey - I'm lookin' at YOU *lol*) here is what I came up with:
Ta Da!  Isn't it cute?!  Huh?  Wat'd'ya mean "What is it?".  Well it's a Seed Puch, of course!
Love it!  It's a quick and easy project using mainly FREE SAB items ... the Sycamore Street DSP - the Sycamore Street Buttons, the SAB Bloomin' Marvelous and the flowers are from the Spring Mini Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit (page 18 - $15.95). 
The pouch is made with a 10 3/4" x 3 1/2" piece of ww cs - scored at 4 3/4" and 9 3/4".  That's it!  the DSP strip is 3/4" x 4 1/4".  The buttons are attached with mini glue dots.  I ran out of the pool party and Calypso Coral buttons so threw in the Rich Razzleberry ones - they look just as good!
Rather than spending a tonne of time taping the flap shut I decided it was ok to use a paperclips.  Using Sticky Strip would have doubled the time to make the project and I don't have a lot of THAT this week (I still want to make 80 Easter treats for the teachers and kids at school!!!) - so a paperclip it was!  After-the-fact I thought how cute it would be (if you weren't making 30 of these) to use the new Cute Clips from the mini instead of a standard paperclip.  Look how cute it would be:
These clips are so sweet (page 28) and are only $6.50 for 24.

So that's my offering today ... if I get a chance to make another project before Monday I will ... otherwise make sure you pop in Monday to see my posting for Deena's blog.  Until then - have stampy day!!


Tam

 

No comments:

Post a Comment