Thursday, February 21, 2013

Postage Due Thank You

Happy Thursday!

Another "quick" post today ... I need to finalize my projects for my class tomorrow night (SO excited to see some old friends!!)

This is the third card I made using Postage Due ...
I like it!  So!  How do you think I got the vanilla image on the Soft Sued card stock?  Yes ... it DOES look like I used Vanilla Craft Ink ... or maybe that I used vanilla embossing powder ... but I didn't!  I actually started with a piece of 5" x 3 3/4"WHISPER WHITE card stock.  I stamped the image in Versamark and used CLEAR embossing powder to emboss it.  I then broke out my brayer (haven't used that in 100 years!!) - inked it up with Soft Sued ink and completely and uterly saturated the whisper white with it.  When I wiped the image with a dry baby wipe it is a real vanilla shade - who knew?!?  I added a piece of vanilla to layer it (4" x 5 1/2") and used the eyelet border punch along one side.  The whole thing is then mounted on a Soft Suede base.  Before taping the layers down I stamped "Thank You" - from "Essentails" - page 22 of the mini - $8.95!!! in soft suede on the Natural 7/8" Cotton Ribbon (page 36 of the mini - $9.95) - wrapped it around the corner and used an In Color Designer Printed Brad for an accent (page 152 - $9.95).  Oh!  and I added a little piece of Calypso Coral cs (1 1/2" x 3 3/4" plus 2 ticks *lol*) behind the image layer for a little pop of color.

Well?  Have I convinced you that the Postage Due set is one worth ordering?  I think I will bring it out more often and challenge myself to use it in a new way.  You should do the same!

Until next time - have a stampy day :)))

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment