Sunday, February 24, 2013

Honeycomb Embossed Embossing

Happy Sunday!

I couldn't wait to share this card with you!!!  I just LOVE it!  It really is one of those cards you need to see in person to get the full effect ... I'm not sure the pictures show the shimmer sufficiently but ... here goes ...
Ok ... I can't see any shimmer on that one ... let's try this one ...
A little better.  Well ... you're just going to have to take my word for it ... it's FABULOUS (yes, I love myself *lol*).  The outline of the honeycomb shapes are all shimmery ... and remind me of golden honey ... mmmmm ... honey ....

This is the card we will be making at my Technique Class in March.  I'm calling it "Embossed Embossing".  The colors used are Very Vanilla and Soft Suede (apparently Soft Suede is my new "go-to color this month!!) and So Saffron.  I applied Versamark directly to my honeycomb folder (on the NON bumpy side) put the vv layer in the folder (making SURE to use my embossing buddy on the cs first!!) and ran it through the big shot.  (**NOTE:  I was making this card again and I found that you want to use an OLD Versamark pad if you have one ... if your pad it too new ... or too "juicy" you get Versamark ... and subsequently powder all over the inside of the honeycomb ... which I don't think looks as nice.  If you use an older, less juicy pad it seems to only stick on the outline of the honeycombs.  If you DO get powder all over the inside of the honeycomb just take a small paintbrush and brush awy the powder where you don't want it before you heat set it**)  I then sprinkled it all over with Iridescent Ice embossing powder ... is that how you spell iridescent?  Looks wrong ... hang on ... hmmm .. yep, that's how you spell it ... Right!  Then I heat embossed it.  The embosing powder only sticks to the bumpy parts of the honesycomb shape and gives it a fabulous golden shimmer.  LOVE IT!!!  I ran some scrap pieces of Soft Suede and So Saffron through the honeycomb folder as well (after cleaning the folder off with a wet baby wipe) and then used my paper snips to cut the shapes out (I DO hope Stampin' Up! is planning to release a honeycomb punch in their next catty ...while it isn't a LOT of work to snip the shapes out life is a little too short to be making too many of them!!)  I stamped the bee from Collage Curios (page 24 of the mini - $19.95 clear; $25.95 wood) in Soft Suede.  Stamped the Thank You in Soft Suede (from Lacy & Lovely - page 99 of the catty - $21.95 clear; $30.95 wood) and punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch.  I used a finger dauber with Soft Suede to color the edges and popped the whole thing up on dimensionals.  Can you see the itty bitty pearls on the bums of the bees?  Hee hee ... I crack me up :))  I added one more, medium sized pearl on one of the honeycombs ... you know ... just to be wild and crazy :)  I popped 3 of the snipped out honeycombs on dimensionals.  DO you like it?  Do ya, huh?  I do ... a LOT :)

That's it for today ... check back tomorrow for my Stampin' Success projects!  Have a stampy Sunday!

Tam

2 comments:

  1. Was looking at Honeycomb ideas on Stampers Showcase and saw this one. Looked you up to see the instructions. Gonna try this for a sample for my next workshop. TYFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you can use it! It looks awesome "live"!

    ReplyDelete