Monday, February 25, 2013

By The Tide Easel Card

Happy Monday!!

Woo Hoo!  Monday!  I'm not sure which makes me happier ... Fridays or Mondays *lol*.  Soooo ... did you check out my Stampin' Success projects?  Here again are all 4 projects that are featured in the magazine:
Didn't see the article yet?  Here is the link (I THINK it will work ... I'm not sure if you have to be a demonstrator to access it or not ... my article is on page 16 ... and 17)

http://www.stampinup.com/ca/documents/US_SS_03_04.pdf

I love how these projects all turned out ... despite the fact that it resulted in 3 week of sleepless nights!  It really was a challenge to come up with these projects.  The stamp set just screams SCRAPBOOK ME! ... but I'm not a scrapbooker ... and I didn't want to make projects that weren't "me" ... so I come up with a standard, quick and easy card, an envelope gift card holder, a card that has a bookmark in it and an easel card.  It really stretched my thinking and creativity and I'm really proud of what I came up with.  Today I'll share how I made the Easel Card.  Here is close up of it ...
Love it!  This is a picture of my Rebecca when she was about 4 years old ... in San Diego.  That was her "signature hat" ... I still have it *sniff*.  But I digress ...

I had never made an Easel Card before ... so this was a learning process for sure!  Thank goodness for all the talented card makers out there ... and Google!  Here is the "recipe" to make the card ... I hope it makes sense ...


PAPER: Sahara Sand, Basic Grey, Pink Pirouette, Vellum
STAMP SETS: By the Tide, Word Play
INK PADS:  Sahara Sand, Black Staz-on
ACCESSORIES: Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Labels Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Mini Glue Dots, Black Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Neutrals Designer Buttons
INSTRUCTIONS: 
·         Start with a piece of Sahara Sand card stock measuring 8” x 5 ½” and fold it in half.
·         Take what will be the front of the card and score it from the top right hand corner to bottom left hand corner fold line (look at the picture to understand where the score line is).  I used my Simply Scored Scoring Tool – I placed the angled card on the very edge of the tool and scored it using the very last groove.  I found this more accurate than using the diagonal plate.
·         Fold the front inwards.
·         Stamp a piece of Sahara Sand card stock measuring 1 ½” x 5 ½” with your By the Tide images in Sahara Sand ink.
·         Attach a strip of Basic Grey card stock measuring 1 ¼” x 5 ½” to the Sahara Sand strip and attach to your card base.
·         Cut your photograph using whichever Labels Collection Framelit best fits your picture best.  For my picture I used the two largest framelits – the larges for the Pink Pirouetts mat and one size smaller for the photograph. 
·         Attach your photo and mat to the card base but ONLY the lower right hand portion.  You need the upper right hand section to be loose so it will “stand up” when the card is open.
·         Stamp your sentiment in Staz-on, sprinkle it with Black Embossing Powder and heat set.  Punch it out using the appropriate size of framelit.  Attach to the photo with snail.
·         Attach buttons using mini glue dots making sure to apply the inside buttons at a height that will prop the front at an appropriate level when open.

 So that's the first project!  I hope you like it ... and that the instructions make sense!  Come back tomorrow for the second project.  Until then ... have a stampy day!

Tam

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tamara - I just did a re-look at my Stampin' Success and fell in love with your projects all over again, so I tracked you down on-line. Your work is beautiful! I'll definitely be following along, although I'm also a demo (Nova Scotia) so I hope you don't mind!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to say, Carol. Thank you so very much. I would love for you to pop in and follow my craziness ... The more the merrier ... That way I know it's more than just my mom following *lol*. ... and I'm glad to know there are demos down East addicted to this craft too!! Have a stampy day!

    ReplyDelete