Thursday, February 21, 2013

Bloomin' Marvelous Case

Happy Friday!!

Woo Hoo!  The weekend!  ... you'd think it wouldn't matter to a SAHM whether it was Monday or Saturday but mentally there is just something about the weekend that puts you in a good mood!  Perhaps for me it's because Friday nights are usually my Stamping Classes/Parties .. or maybe it's because I somehow give myself permission to eat really "bad" food *lol*  Whatever the reason I'm glad it's Friday ... and yes, I DO have a party tonight ... my OWN party!  This was a bit of a stretch for me and oddly took me out of my comfort zone!  I'm very good at telling OTHER people what to do but not so great at doing it myself.  This party is a case in point!  I'm very good at telling my potential hostesses to "invite EVERYONE" but when push comes to shove it's not an easy thing to do!  However, do it I did ... after all ... I didn't want to look like a real goat by having my own party and then having no one show up, now did I?  I'm thrilled that I asked all different friends, aquaintances, customers and stampers ... and that 8 said "yes"!  I have a great mix of seasoned stampers and complete novice stampers (our favorite kind!!!) coming to play tonight.  Eeeeeee!  So excited! 
So!  What projects are we making?  Well .... with a little help from my friend Mary (hi Mary!) I've decided on these 3 (The first 2 you've seen before ...)


This one is new ...
I can't take credit for it ... I cased it from fellow demonstrator Linda Pasmore - great card Linda!  I'm SO ready for some bright, spring cards (although you really wouldn't think so given that all my cards lately are vintage and/or earth tones!!)
For this card I used Whisper White with a layer of Old Olive to mat it.  The stamp set is Bloomin' Marvelous (one of the Sale-a-bration sets) stamped in Tangerine Tango.  The dark flowers are inked then stamped ... then stamped again to get the softer orange flowers.  The leaves are old olive and the sentiment is in Early Espresso.  The butterly uses the Bitty Butterfly from the spring mini and the ribbon is from the SAB Sycamore Street Ribbon/Button bundle.  I added a few rhinestones to some of the flowers and to the butterfly body.  Wa-low!  Super quick, easy and pretty.  This set has really grown on me ... hope you like it too!

Pop back tomorrow ... I have another case ... from none other than Co-Founder and CEO Shelli Gardner! ... AND ... make sure you check back next week to see the projects that I had published in our magazine - Stampin' Success!!  I'll have full pics and tutorials on them ... yay!  I've been published :)))  Until tomorrow ... have a stampy day!

Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment