Saturday, November 3, 2012

Tween Cards

Happy Saturday!

As you read this I am in Banff enjoying my weekend away with my husband.  I hope Auntie is coping!  (Auntie doesn't have kids ... this is a WHOLE new experience for her!!!)

Right - today, as promised, I'm sharing the cards I made for the birthday party I did last weekend.  The birthday girl turned 11 and she and 9 of her friends made 8 card ... 2 of each of the following.

I love the "Dress Up" set for the girls.  It makes for a VERY quick, VERY easy card!  The sentiment is from Curly Cute and the pink is Melon Mambo

You've seen this card before in different variations.  This time I matted it with Real Red (that was for you, Wanda!)

This one is SO fun for the girls to make.  You use the scalloped circle die and then trim it to form a dress shape.  Tape a little organza ribbon around the "waist" - punch a flower (I used a retired flower punch but the Boho Blossom punch has options) and attach it with a glue dot -a rhinestone in the middle and a sentiment.  I used the Made For You set in Rich Razzleberry but the card can be used with lots of different sentiments.


This card was voted the favorite by the girls.  Typical.  I almost left this one out!  I thought it was too simple ... and too similar to the present card ... but this one won!  The girls really changed things around and made it their own - which is why I love stamping with the younger stampers - they are less rigid than us old gals.  They think outside the box and let their creativity really shine.  Again - lots of sentiment options here.  I used the "Friend" and "Always" from Affection Collection (mini) the "BFF" from a retired set - in Real Red.  The mat is Daffodil Delight.  Of course rhinestones are a MUST at any tween party ... they went through their fair share of them *lol*

I'm off ... hope you're having a stampy weekend :)


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Great cards. I can just imagine the fun they had doing these! These would also make great layouts for a workshop! tfs (following you now) -Micki

    You're invited to visit/follow my "Avenue of Art" (www.AvenueofArt.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Micki ... Yes, they all had fun "making it their own"... And a LOT of rhinestones were use *lol*

      Delete