Monday, November 12, 2012

Triple Time Stamping

Happy Monday!!!!

Welcome to my favorite day of the week :)  Today is even better than usual as a) the kids are off school (that means that other than walking the pup I don't have to leave the house today) and b) there is no Brownies tonights (that means that other than walking the pup I don't have to leave the house today) *lol*  I'm not gunna lie ... I'm sick to DEATH of leaving the house!  I'm a stereotypical "Cancer" ... I'm a home body.  Given the choice to a) go out or b) stay home I'd pick b) 99% of the time.  It's also a great day because I'm starting to crawl out from under all the project pressure I have been under lately.  Yesterday I almost had a meltdown ... you know the kind I'm talking about ... the "I don't know why I'm crying but I'm a girl and sometime you just need to cry" kind of meltdown.  I managed to keep the tears at bay ... and then I started pulling up my big girl panties and started getting some stuff done.  Today is a whole different ball game.  I am focused and fairly stress free.  Phew!  I hate when I get overwhelmed like I was last week!  So .... today I spent the morning in my craft room (while completely ignoring my children and allowing them to stare at the laptop for ... oh ... 3 hours ... bad Mommy ...) and I now have my projects designed for my Technique Class tomorrow.  I'm glad I found a third project that I loved. 

First up is our Technique card.  We'll be learning the "Triple Time" stamping technique.  I've avoided this technique for a few months now because ... well, to be honest ... I was sick to death of it!  The very talented Dawn Olchefske (www.dostamping.typepad.com) brought back the popularity of this technique with a beautiful card.  Here it is:
Isn't it pretty?  I'm not the only one who thought so ... and all of the sudden everywhere you looked there was a Triple Time card.  Nevertheless, it's a popular technique because it is easy and pretty ... so who am I to fight popularity?  Gotta give the stampers what they want, right?  Sooooo .... after wasting a LOT of paper using Dawn's layout I decided to scrap that ... and came up with a different layout.  Here is what I came up with:
Oooo ... this picture was taken with my brand new camera!  It's so purdy!!!  You can't see it in this picture because I shrunk it ... but in the original picture I can see individual carpet fibres clear as day!  ... now I just need 19 hours to learn how to use the darned thing properly *lol*  ... but I digress .... (haven't done THAT in a while *lol*)
I used the Snowflake Soiree set with Midnight Muse (LOVE that color) and Bashful Blue.  Hmmm ... liked the layout but wasn't diggin' the color scheme.  Try again ...
This time I used ... Not Quite Navy ... no ... wait ... it's Midnight Muse again ... it just looks different here due to the lighting and carpet contrast.  Yep - gotta learn how to use the new camera to get more acurate coloring of my cards!  This time I used the new Illuminate ink pad (from the mini).  It looks silver and is quite striking on colored card stack.  The mats are in whisper white.  Naaaa.  Don't love this one either.  Try again.  Third time's the charm ...
Yep.  That's the one.  Everything is the same - I just changed the colors to Crumb Cake and Early Espresso and changed the rhinestones to pearls.  I won't go into details on the technique ... Dawn has a video on it ... you can also come to class tomorrow night and find out how it's done in person :)

OK ... so I think I'll stop there.  I have 5 more cards to share but heck ... I have to spread it out a little, don't I?  Hee hee ... yes, I'm evil :)

Until tomorrow - have a stampy day!


Tam



5 comments:

  1. This card is beautiful. Do you have the measurements for this card?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The base is standard 5 1/2 x 4 1/4
      The 2 layers in the background:
      - the coloured mat is 3 " x 3"
      - the white layer is 2 3/4" x 2 3/4"
      For the "believe" ...
      - the coloured mat is 3 1/4" x 1 1/2"
      - the white layer is 3" x 1 1/4"

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind comment :)
      Have a stampy day!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing the measurements for this great card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure - I don't always do so (either laziness or I forget them when I finally get around to posting lol) - drives me nuts when I find a card I love and no dimensions are posted … I really SHOULD be more thorough! Thanks for commenting - have a stampy day!

      Delete