Thursday, November 29, 2012

En Francais Fun

Happy Thursday!

Surprised to see me?  I'm surprised to BE here!  I really didn't think I'd have another project to post so soon after the chaos of Tuesday and Wednesday but here I am :)  I'm THRILLED to say that after 2 hours of typing my magazine "recipes" are done and e-mailed.  Yippee!  Now I can resume with my previously scheduled program called my life *lol*

I did a lot more paperwork and osrting of orders yesterday along with a few e-mails to customers and my Trail Blazers Team ... my back did NOT appreciate sitting at the computer for so long!  So when Craig went to the girls' Demonstration of Learning at school I headed to the craft room for some R&R.  I'm not gunna lie - I figured I come up with nuthin', thinking all m,y creative juices had been sucked out of me this month but low and behold I came up with a card I love.  The last "major" thing on my plate this week is to come up with three projects for my Stamp of the Month club, using the En Francais stamp.  I had in mind that I wanted to use it on an accent, not as a background, as I usually do.  Here is what I came up with:
Ta Da!  MAN it felt good to step away from Christmas Cards for an hour and come up with a Valentine card (or wedding, or anniversary!)  You need to look closely to see all the subtle details on this card but I love them!  I first made the hearts using Versamark and embossing powders - black and cherry cobbler - and punching them out using the heart punch.  I struggled for about half an hour with what to do from there!  Have no fear!  Mojo Monday to the rescue!  I flipped through 3 years worth of layouts they have posted on their Mojo Monday sight and I decided on this one.  I love how it turned out.  If you look closely at the Cherry Cobbler layer you can see I stamped the En Francais in our new Iluminate Watermark Ink.  It's almost silver but not quite - just a nice, soft, shimmery, subtle image.  The black layer isd "as is" and the Crumb Cake layer has small hearts embossed along the bottom of it by using one of the Adorning Accents folders.  The Forever & Always (from "Loving Thoughts" 0 page 136 of the catty - $28.95 clear; $36.95 wood) is stamped in Cherry Cobbler and again, if you look closely, you can see I've cut a dove tail on the end of it.  The sentiment and hearts are popped up on dimensionals.  So!  One club project down, 2 to go.

Oh my!  It's almost 10:00 am and I have to walk the dog, throw on some slap (aka make-up for my non UK-speaking friends!), change the sheets and dry the laundry all before 11:15 when the kids get out of school and I make some deliveries - so I better crack on!

Have fabulous ... and stampy ... day :)


Tam

2 comments:

  1. Love the card! I am a "Mojo sketches to the rescue" kind of girl too :) OH... and I am definitely on board with stepping out of the Christmas crafting zone... feels so good!! Must remind myself... people have birthdays all year long :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya, Sista! ... Although birthday cards are the MAIN type I struggle to make! I look forward to casing what YOU come up with *lol*

    ReplyDelete