Saturday, October 20, 2012

Comfort Cafe

Happy Saturday!

One word.  Brrrr!  A wee bit nippy out there today!  It would be a great day to put on the flannel jams and watch movies all day.  Alas ... not rest for the wicked!  It's already 2:30 and I have yet to start cutting paper for tomorrow's Birthday Stamp-a-Stack!  Oh well ... some how it always seems to get done :)

I thought I'd share one of the cards I put together yesterday morning for Sunday's fun.  As usual I worked for HOURS trying to come up with a pretty Birthday Card for the ladies ... and hours later I still wasn't loving what I had designed.  I think I just had SO many ideas in my head that I couldn't calm my brain down enough to focus on any one layout.  Luckily I was completely exhausted after my 4 hour "nap" ... after I came up with yesterday's "guy card" I thought I'd have one more kick at the "Lady Card" and ended up loving it.  I've used this layout before ... it was one I copied from Brandi Mah ... it works well with any scrap papers you have lying around.  This one uses the Comfort Cafe DSP (page 163 of the catty - $13.50).  I've wanted to use this paper ever since I bought it ... in JUNE!!!  *lol* ... will I ever change? 

Here it is:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!  It's SO simple but SO pretty!  I stamped the sentiment from Bring on the Cake (page 142 of the catty, $33.95 Clear; $47.95 wood) in Cajun Craze.  The flowers are made with the Boho Blossom punch (page 185 - $22.95) in Cajun Craze and Crumb Cake.  I popped the sentiment up on dimensionals and added some pearls.  Wa-low!  My 5th Stamp-a-Stack card!!

Right ... I'm off to cut paper.  Stay warm ... and have a stampy day!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment