Monday, August 13, 2012

Scentsational Cocoa

Happy Monday? 

Hmmm.  Where DID the day go??  It's 7:24 pm and I have accomplished square root today!  I got as far as taking the cleaning products out of the closet around 12:00 pm .... that's where it ended and I haven't managed to finish one thing since then!  Don't get me wrong ... I love my children dearly and I've had a lovely summer so far and made some great memories with the girls but I'm pretty much done ... with summer ... and children ... September can come now ... 6 weeks of 24/7 children is my limit.  I'm good.  I'll gladly swap making lunches and signing forms for a little peace and quite at the moment.  Well .... I'm sure that will all change come Sept 4th but for today ... I'm done!  SO!  I've kicked the children outside to burn off some energy by being chased down the street by a swarm of mosquitoes and I'm letting them back in until I've done this post and sent out my Craft Night e-mail!

There.  *insert exhale here*.  I feel better now.  Thanks for listening.

Now for my *happy time* .... stamping :))))

I have a few new favorite cards ... this week *lol*  I have been on a roll of quick, clean and simple cards lately - they make me so happy!  Here is the first one ... I will be using this for a few of my friends with winter birthdays ...
LOVE IT!!!!!!  I'm also loving the Scentsational Season set ... which is the one with these cute little mugs of cocoa!  I earned this set (and the corresponding framelits ... and the scented embossing powder ... and the cotton ribbon) back in being at my current level of Counselor (there are SO many perks to being a SU Demonstrator!!)  I tell ya - the more I use this set the more I love it!  I used Gumball Green and Chocolate Chip cs and ink.  A little trick I learned at convention .... I stamped the mug in the gumball green and then wiped the green off where the cocoa is and colored it with my chocolate chip marker ... here's the trick ... I would normally just have used my finger or a baby wipe to remove the green from the cocoa area - at Convention I learned to use my BLENDER PEN to remove the ink.  Genious!  It's clean and easy ... and gets into the small space easier than with your finger!  Ya learn something new every day!  OK.  So.  Back to the "recipe".  You can faintly see the embossed snowflake pattern behind the mugs that are from the Delicate Designs folders (page 188 of the catty - $10.95 for 2 folders!).  At least I think they are snowflakes - they could be flowers ... but to me they looked like snowflakes :)  I used the mug framelit to cut out the mugs and popped them up on dimensionals.  I did the same with the steam.  The sentiment is from Delightful Dozen.  I just LOVE when I find a sentiment that PERFECTLY matches the card - this couldn't be a better match!  *insert giddy giggling here*.  Love it :)))

Well - the kids are still outside ... so should we do a few more projects?  I got a swack of 'em :)))  OK ... let's do some Halloween!

Here is a GREAT little box I learned how to make at Convention.  Check it out:
Can you figure out how I made it??  It's actually made using the PETITE PURSE DIE!!!!  Yep!  True story!  You make the purse as usual but seal the "flap" of the purse.  You then turn it over and cut it down the middle to open it up.  I then added some Houndstooth DSP, some treats and one of the tags from the Ghoulish Googlies Designer Kit (glued to a popsicle stick).  I'll make another one and take some pictures to better explain it ... you can also come over on Friday, Aug 24th for my Craft Night and I'll show you how in person!

Here are some more treats I made using the Ghoulish Googlies stamp set and tags ...

Mini M&M's in the 1" x 8" cello bags
Bits & Bites in the new Gusseted bags with the new Striped Satin Ribbon:
The Glassine bags that come in the kit (hint:  the bags look GREAT when you run them through and embossing folder too!):
Little treats made using the Fancy Favor Bigz Die ...
As I mentioned, I'm holding a Craft Night Friday, Aug 24th at 6:30 (or whenever you can make it!).  Get in touch if you want to come and get a jump on making your Halloween treats!

OK - the kids are back - gotta fly.  Have a stampy night!


Tam





2 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog page and I absolutely love your projects. I am sort of new to SU and I am looking for a demonstrator who I can order SU products from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne,

      I'm so sorry I didn't reply sooner ... I only just came across your comment! Thank you for your kind words - I'm glad you enjoy my projects. Do you live in Canada? You can email me at bertram4@shaw.ca for easier communication. I look forward to hearing from you:)

      Delete