Saturday, April 28, 2012

Post It Note Clipboards

Happy Saturday!!

What a beautiful day out there!!!  Strangely when it's nice OUTside I get the urge to clean and purge INside.  Naturally that makes my clutter-a-phobe husband happy as a pig in poop so he is grinning ear to ear today *lol*.  I'm on a roll gathering items for my upcoming garage sale.  At the end of May Mom and I will be setting up shop at her place (in St. Albert).  Gotta get rid of the old to make room for the new ... between Christmas. Easter and Rebecca's birthday this place is overflowing with cookbooks, clothes, kitchen gadgets and toys that just can't stay.  Add in a new stamping catalogue and I'll also be selling of my retired stock.  Sooo - mark your calendar for Thursday and Friday May 24th & 25th and if you're around St. Albert pop on by - 23 Bradburn Crescent ...

So ... since I've been distracted with cleaning and Rebecca's birthday (which being on Wed meant 3 parties spanning a week!) I haven't had a lot of time for stamping.  I did make my club gifts a while back but haven't had time to post them ... so here they are ...
Post It Note Clipboards - cute, yes?  Thank you Peggy L for the inspiration - I use the one you gave me every day so I figured everyone had to have one!  They are quick and easy to put together and are a great way to use up your scraps of Designer Series Paper.  I have hundreds of 4 x 4 coasters in my stash of toys (there's that hoarding behaviour again!) so they are the base.  I covered both sides with DSP (in this case my left over Sale-a-brations paper).  Before taping the DSP down I rounded the corners with the corner rounder punch (did I see that one on the retiring list??  Better check .. it's one you have to have! ... then again, I say that about everything, don't I *lol*?)  I have a case (yes, a CASE) of bulldog clips for just such stamping emergencies when you need 25 or so of them ... I grabbed my never-yet-opened paper flowers, my (now out-of-stock) Summer Smooches Designer Fabric Brads as well as my Designer Polka Dot brads and my glue gun and 15 minutes later they were done.  I stamped the Thank You with the "A la carte" Thank You stamp in Calypso Coral and Wa-low!  Club Girl gifts done for another month :)  Here are some close up shots ...



I ran out of the paper flowers with 2 clipboards left to go so I made my own.  Check it out up close:
To make these you simply punch out 3 flowers using your favorite flower punch - I used the Blossom punch but I have also made them using the Fancy Flower Die or the Scallop Circle punch.  Once they are punched you spray them with water and then scrunch them up into a ball.  Then you go wash the dishes ... or go to bed to let them dry.   When the flowers are dry you can un-scrunch them (new word for the day :)) and they look like the picture above.  Tack them together with a brad.  In this case I covered the brad with some buttons using my hot glue gun.  I really like these little flowers ... I think I'll have to make them part of my Technique Class in May ...

Now ... have no fear .. I shouldn't be AWOL quite as long over the next few weeks - I have DOZENS of projects I need to come up with in the next few weeks so I WILL be crafting (... I just hope I have time to post them!)  Check back soon and see what I come up with!

Have a fun day :)

Tam

Oh!  I promised some before and after pictures of Alicia's new hair-do ... se here ya go ...

Before:
And after:

No comments:

Post a Comment