Sunday, January 1, 2012

Triple Treat

Happy New Year!

Did you make it to 12:00?  I can't believe it, but I did!!!  A sure fire way to keep me awake is to get me in my craft room.  MAN I love that place!!!  Yes, at some point I'll take pictures of it but right now I'm having too much fun playing with all my new toys!  I have to laugh - I went down to make one or two "quick and easy" cards.  Um hm.  You all know how good I am at THAT!  I managed to make ONE quick and easy - the other one LOOKS quick and easy but it ended up with a lot more layers and embellishments than I had planned so I don't think it counts *lol*  The funny thing is that quick and easy one took me longer to create than the more complex one.  Sorry Tammie - I tried :)

Here is the quick and easy one:
How simple is THAT?  I am planning a Stamp-a-stack in the coming weeks and I wanted a few "male" cards.  This one definately fits the bill!  The moustache stamp is all one stamp so it makes it super quick and easy.  I stamped it in Versamark, used black embossing powder on it, layered it on some gray cardstock - added a strip of black and stamped the sentiment (from Happiest Birthday Wishes - Hostess Set) in gray.  I popped the image up on dimensionals for a LITTLE interest.  I think it's pretty boring but Craig gave it the "guy thumbs up".  No ribbon, no glitter, no fuss.  Apparently that makes for a good guy card.  Hmm.  I'm not convinced, but I'm not a guy!

OK - on to my new all time favorite card!!  (notice how it changes month to month? *lol*)  I'm thrilled with this one.  Although it isn't as "simple" as I wanted I love how clean and un-busy it is ... NOT my usual style!  Drum roll please .....
Isn't it fabulous??!!  I just sit here and stare at it - the true test of a great card :)  I used the Triple Treat Flower stamp that is in the main catalogue but also appears as one of the free items available in the upcoming Sale-a-brations borchure (insert squeal of excitement here!)  To start with I embossed the bottom of the card using the new Adorning Accents Embossing Folder that is on page 7 of the Occasiona Mini.  I LOVE these little folders - a MUST have!!  I then stamped the flower 4 times.  Once in Ridinghood Red, Once in Baja Breeze and Twice in Pear Pizzazz.  The Ridinghood Red flower is punched out using the Fancy Flower punch.  I inked up the centre of the flower with the Ridinghood Red marker and stamped just the centre again and punched it out with the 1/2" circle (did you get your 1/2" circle punch from the clearance rack yet?  It's still available for 2 more days!)  The Baja Breeze Flower and (2) Pear Pizzazz Flowers were stamped and punched out with the 5 -Petal Flower punch.  One of the Pear Pizzazz flowers and the Baja Breeze 5-Petal Flower then had their centres punched out with the 1/2" circle punch.  The second Pear Pizzazz flower then had its petals cut off to make the little leaves that peak out from under the flower.  I layered all the flowers, popping the Pear one up with a dimensional.  I used the Pear Pizzazz1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon and some rhinestones.  I popped the Pear circle that is in the top right hand corner of the card up on a dimensional and stamped the sentiment (from "Loving Thoughts" also in the Occasions mini - page 15) in Ridinghood Red.  Love, love, love, love, LOVE it!

Right.  Now I'm all excited again and have to go back to my room to make more.  I have SO many more new products to try out!!!  Have a very Happy New Year - have a fun day!

Tam

2 comments:

  1. Love the triple treat card - thanks so much for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyne ... I was so sad when that stamp retired!

      Have a stampy day :)

      Delete