Saturday, January 14, 2012

Faux Tile

Happy Saturday!!

What a perfect weekend to hibernate (in your pajamas), make homemade soups, craft and generally just hang out.  That's exactly what I've done today and plan to do again tomorrow.  I LOVE down weekends!!  I saw the weather forecast a day or two before my husband did so I informed him that HE would be taking Rebecca to the 10:30 Sunday morning birthday party across town.  I'm not gettin' up early to freeze my tuckas (?) off on a Sunday mornin!  Nope ... the most activity I MAY undertake is heading to Save-On to buy some chicken ... but I'm PRETTY sure that can wait until Monday :)

Last night I had a BALL!  I had 12 fabulous women over for my Technique Class.  I was absolutely giddy over this class!  Not only was I jazzed because we haven't had a class since November but I LOVED the projects we were doing!  You saw the first two a few days ago.  Yep.  Still lovin' them!

The last one was the actual technique we learned - Faux Tile.  LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Before you read on just sit back, stare at it and take it all in ... are you doing it?  Are ya?  Look at it again.  Isn't it fabulous??!!  Did I mention I love it?  It was SO quick and easy ... I mean really ... there is only 1 ink color - Early Espresso 2 paper colors - espresso and vanilla - some ribbon (retired 5/8" espresso grosgrain ... which I didn't know was retired until 10 minutes before the class .. oops!) the new large pearls (FABULOUS!) and 2 stamp sets (Mixed Bunch from the mini and Elementary Elegance from the SAB for FREE!).  To get the tiled effect you just score it every inch.  The effect is best with a bigger stamp so it covers a few quadrants.  Don't stamp too hard or the ink will penetrate into the "grout" and ruin the effect.  I popped up the Hello (punched with the large oval) on dimensionals and then the Decorative Label Punch on dimensionals too.  Absolutely fantastic!  Yep - love this card.  I think we need to make this one my new favorite ... for this week anyway :)

Right - I'm off to taste test my chicken soup ... smells devine!  I hope you have a crafty, inspired weekend!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment