Monday, December 19, 2011

More Traditions

Wow!  2 posts in one day!  I must be procrastinating on something *lol* ... actually I am - I still have to make my Mom's no-sew-blanket but I don't want to start it tonight so I'm trying to do all the other "little" jobs I have on my list so I can work on that non-stop tomorrow.

So - another little tradition I started a few years ago was making Christmas Wish List Books for the girls.  I make each one a little 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" 5 page booklet for them to write down what they want for Christmas to leave out for Santa.  They pick the stamp set(s) they want me to use and then I design and assemble the book.  Here are this years' books:

The 1st one is Alicia's.  Once again I used Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler as my colours.  The snowflake is from Serene Snowflakes.  The sentiment is from Four the Holidays.  I embossed the snowflake using Cherry Cobbler Embossing powder and used a swack of rhinestones (when it comes to cards / gifts for the girls I spare no bling!).  To bind the booklet together I just used my Crop-a-dile to punch holes and then use the retired Jumbo Brads and threaded the Cherry Cobble seam binding through them and tied a bow.  You can't see it but I scored all of the pages (using my Simply Scored tool!) at 3/4" to make it easier to open the booklet.  I punched the snowflake out with the 2 1/2" circle punch and popped it up on dimensionals.  I popped up the sentiment too, after using the corner rounder on the corners.

Rebecca's book is virtually the same except with hers I punched the 2 1/2" circle out of the front color and stamped the snowmen from Merry Winter on a scrap piece of paper and taped that behind the hole.  You can't see it very well but I used Dazzling Details glitter glue on their hats and scarves for more sparkle.

The girls love their books and have spent a lot of time writing down every toy they come across inside it for Santa to ponder.  Once Christmas is over I then flip the book over and write down what the actually GOT for Christmas.  It will be so fun to look back on years from now.  I love this little tradition :)

OK - one more project for today.  Here is what I'm taking to school tomorrow for all the teachers and support staff:
I don't know about you but I can't read the tag from here.  This is what it says:

Look at the Candy Cane
What do you see?
Striped that are red
Like the blood shed for me
White is fro my Saviour
Who's sinless and pure!
"J" is for Jesus
My Lord, that's for sure!
Turn it around
And a staff you will see
Jesus my Shepherd
Was born for Me!


I found the poem on Stamin' Connection from fellow demonstrator Michele Reynolds - the girls go to a Catholic school so I thought it would be fun to attach it to candy canes (using the retired Tinsel Trim) on a tag.  The tag is punches using a Cretive Memories punch from my pre-Stampin' Up! days.  I tried to get it onto the Two-Tags Die but I would have had to have made the font smaller thatn I wanted it.  I could have put it on the Scalloped Square die but it was getting to be more expensive and time consuming than I wanted to I used this punch instead.  I like how they turned out - a little something for the teachers that was quick and easy - only took about an hour to do all 30 of them.

Right - that's it for today - I think those are all the projects I had to share.  Next up I will be making and sharing projects using all my new toys from the upcoming Occasions Mini and Sale-a-brations catalogues.  (But first I need to make that blanket for Mom .. after all, Christmas IS only 6 days away!!!)

Have a fun night :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment