Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Fun

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ahhh - a day "off".  Although us moms don't really get a day "OFF" at least we don't have to get up at a certain time, make lunches and look somewhat respectable when we drive the kids to school! 

Todays mission is to do some stamping ... aside from making Thank You cards with Alicia (I INSIST the children send thank you cards for birthday and Crhistmas presents!!!) I need to decide on and prep my projects for Friday's Technique class and then to decide on and prep my projects for Sunday's Stamp-a-stack (and then pray I have enough supplies!!)  So it's a ful day of crafting ... something tells me, though that I'll be lucky to get 3 hours in.  I know how my plans usually go :)  Oh well - it always seems to get done in the end .. some how!

Yesterday I had planned to start the above "to-do-list" but ended up making some Thanksgiving crafts with the girls instead.  When I say "with the girls" that translates into they helped for about 10 minutes before they got bored and I ended up making the rest.  Oh well - I tried!  Here is what I came up with:

Aren't they adorable?  We (I) made 9 of them for tht table (8 people and Olive ... the dog)  I used 12 of the large Scallop Circles (although in hindsight I should have used one of the oval punches), folded them in half and glued them together.  The stem is made using the Modern Label punch, folded in half.  I need 108 scallops and didn't have enough orange paper to make them all so I used various colors for most of them (the girls insisted they have "all orange" ones).  In order to keep them sitting up straight I used a hot glue gun to glue them to a chip board circle covered with Early Espresso card stock.  Love it!  This idea can be used for lots of shapes - use a triangle to make Christmas Trees - circles for apples, hearts for Valentines ... you could even use the snowflake punch to make snowflake card holders.  Very easy and not too time consuming. 

Well - I guess I should get this day started.  Have a great day off - make it a fun one :)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment