Thursday, September 29, 2011

Stocking Gift Card Holder

Happy Thursday!  Yes, I'm still in pain but I"m about 70% better than yesterday.  MAN I hate a sore back - it's SO frustrating!!  It's not like you feel sick or lousy per se .. you just can't DO anything!!  It broke my heart but I had to cancel my party last night.  In 6 years I have never had to do that and it REALLY upset me.  The hostess was very kind and sympathetic ... and we will still do the prarty but I felt so horrible cancelling.  I knew it was the right thing to do but ...

I took a muscle relaxant and an anti-inplamatory pill and then I went to bed ... for 14 hours.  Yes, 14!  Those pills really knock me out!  I'm moving around a bit today (probably more than I should) ..., and I shouldn't be on the computer but I can't stand doing nothing!  I know it's a common disease most of us moms have!

Right - so get on with it and get off the computer ...

Before I cancelled the party yesterday I managed to finish planning and cutting for all the projects.  This is the gift card holder I came up with.  Love it!
Here is the inside:

I used the Woodlodge DSP from the holiday mini catalogue and the new stocking punch.  The glittery top, toe & heel are the silver glimmer paper - (LOVE IT!!!) - the jingle bell and baker's twine are attached with a mini glue dot.  The stocking is attached using 2 dimensionals at the bottom of the green card stock and the top is loose so that the top piece / sentiment just tucks under it to keep it closed.  As you can see - the slot for the gift card is punched out (before the DSP is attached to the front) using the Word Window punch (if you don't own this punch you need to buy it - it's a MUST have item!)

Right - I can feel my back tightening up so I better run or I'll have to make another emergency chiro appointment (and nobody should have to see me crying in pain 2 days in a row!) 

Have a fun day - but don't overdo it ;)


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment