Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back to School!

Yep - it's just around the corner!  Back to school for the girls this Thursday.  I'm not gunna lie - I am DREADING this week.  It's gunna be brutal (and yes, that is my POSITIVE spin on it!!!)  I've started trying to get the girls to bed earlier and waking them up around 7:30 for the last two days.  You can imagine ... it's been nothing but sunshine and rainbows around here!!!  Ugh.  Add to that the fact that Alicia has already decided she HATES school (yes, she's going into Grade 1 ... which means it's going to be a VERY long 11 more years!!) and that both of them are nervous about Day 1.  Rebecca has a lot of anxiety issues and over the last week she has been eating less and stressing more about it.  We go to talk to a pyschologist on Monday (after a 3 month wait!) to try to get her some coping skills.  Sigh - yep ... it's going to be a loooong, hard week. 

Having said that - although I'm not looking forward to it I'm doing my best to not stress myself and keep things light and positive around them.  I'm playing up all the "new" things they get to look forward to - the new backpacks, new lunch kits, new shoes (two pairs eah!), new clothes, new school supplies, new desk ... hmmm ... I guess I should stop that ... that could be adding to their stress ... sigh again ... this being a parent really is a land mine, isn't it??!!  OK - well, hopefully this card will make them smile on Day 1 - it makes ME smile!

Do you love it??!!  I do!  I get all giddy when a card comes together so absulutely effortlessly and quickly!  The girls' favorite SU color is Melon Mambo so the color choice was simple.  I knew I wanted the "Go Confidently" saying from the Word Play set.  From there it was a 5 second search for an image set to go with it.  Up, Up and Away was the obvious choice!  I stamped the balloons in Mambo and Elegant Eggplant.  I then stamped them on scrap and cut them out to pop them up with dimentionals.  I added some Dazzling Diamonds to everything I could and Wa-low!  One fabulous card!!  I can't believe I have them done 4 days before school starts!  I rock :)

OK - that's it for today - my mission now is to make another Christmas card using my new Beautiful Season set.  I already have this one figured out in my head so it should only take 10 minutes to make!  It's gunna be a hot one so hopefully I'll make it to the basement today ... then again ... it might be the last day to hit the spray park so it may have to wait :)

Whatever you do today, have fun!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment