Thursday, April 7, 2011

National Nurses Week ...

is May 9 - May 15.  I had a friend ask if I had any ideas for a card.  Here's what I came up with ... don't you just LOVE it??!!??  Hee hee - it makes me giggle it's so flippin' cute ...  (and it only took me 20 minutes to make!!!  Guess I have those creative juices a flowin' today!)
I made the little hat as follows:
Start with a whisper white piece 3" x 1 3/4".  Score 1/2" up from the bottom of the 3" side and fold up.  To get the angle, cut from the score line up to the top 3/4" in (that makes no sense, does it?  If you really want instructions e-mail me and I'll try to explain it better!)  The DSP I used is from the retired "Night & Day" (which coincidentally I just bought more of on the awesome Clearance Rack deals they had last week!).  The buttons are retired but you can still get Real Red buttons in the current catty, just a different design.  I made the cross starting with a little square made using the (gasp!) RETIRED little square punch (who knew?!) and cut out the corners with my paper snips.  The sentiment is from Wonderful Favorites and the "you" is from "Celebrate Everything" (retired).  The "you" is punched out using the new medium oval punch (in from the holiday mini but is still available for ordering) and the Large Oval punch, popped up on a dimensional.  The red border uses the Eyelet Border punch.  I think that about covers it!

I'm off to McDonald's now with the girls - feeling good that I got a project off my plate!!


Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment